19th ANNUAL FRED’S FOOTSTEPS GOLF FUN DAY
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2023
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your generous support of Fred’s Footsteps! We greatly appreciate that you have chosen to champion our mission and the families we serve.
Schedule of Activities
10:00 A.M. Registration Opens at both Philadelphia Country Club & Gulph Mills Golf Club
10:00 A.M. Putting Greens, Driving Range and Pro Shops Open
11:00 A.M. Buffet Lunch Open – please note that golfers will eat lunch at the course where they will be playing
11:45 A.M. ROUNDUP – Remarks (all golfers, please proceed to the registration area)
12:00 P.M. Shotgun Start!
5:00 P.M. Golfers Turn in Scorecards – Club begins tallying scores
5:00 P.M. Cocktail Reception & Dinner – We recommend and welcome that golfers come to the reception in golf attire
6:00 P.M. Presentation, Prizes & Live Auction!
The locker rooms are available for your use.
Please keep all valuables with you or locked in your car.
- The reception will take place on the terrace at Philadelphia Country Club
- Cocktails and heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served
- A brief program, including Live Auction, will take place in the ballroom prior to a casual buffet dinner
Scoring & Format
The Golf Fun Day is played on two, 18-hole courses: the Mill and Centennial Courses at Philadelphia Country Club and the Gulph Mills Golf Club.
Locker rooms will be available for your use, but we recommend locking ALL valuables in your car.
Scorecards can be found on your golf carts with details of your starting course and hole.
The scoring system for the event will be a SHAMBLE – One team score is recorded for the foursome. It works like this:
- Each member of the team drives from every tee.
- The team of golfers selects the one best drive among them after teeing off, then all four play their own golf balls from that position into the hole.
- Each team member’s drive must be used a minimum of two times. Use the scorecard to record whose drive has been used for each hole.
- The team’s gross score is recorded on the scorecard. (In the case of a threesome, one player is designated per hole to play the extra ball.)
We kindly ask that to keep pace with the group ahead; players who are out of the hole pick up their ball.
Please turn in your COMPLETED scorecard at the Pro Shop, immediately following play.
The Hole-In-One Contest holes are:
- Philadelphia Country Club #11 MILL
- Gulph Mills Golf Club #17
All players must play from the white tees on these holes to be eligible for the prizes. For all other holes, men will play from the white tees and women from the gold tees at PCC, and the red tees at Gulph Mills.
Additional contest holes are:
Longest Drive Hole:
- Philadelphia Country Club #12 MILL
- Gulph Mills Golf Club #1
Closest-to-the-Pin Hole (Feautring CapTech PinPoint Challenge™)
- Philadelphia Country Club #5 CENTENNIAL
- Gulph Mills Golf Club #4
CapTech PinPoint Challenge™
CapTech is hosting a next-generation closest-to-pin experience at this year’s tournament. The PinPoint Challenge does away with measuring tapes, transforming a traditional closest-to-pin event into an engaging new experience that measures a shot digitally. CapTech will demonstrate how the PinPoint Challenge works:
- Tracks, locates, and measures shots at a glance
- Displays real-time leaderboards and maps
- Uses augmented reality to show ball trajectory and where balls have landed
- Captures analytics
Participants who opt in will have the opportunity to engage in this competition on a Par 3 hole during the tournament.
Philadelphia Country Club and Gulph Mills Golf Club are non-tipping facilities, except for caddies. Please plan to tip your caddies.