Parents who work in disproportionately impacted trades, such as retail, home healthcare, factory work, and food service, especially those without PTO or sick days are being especially impacted by COVID-19. For those with a seriously ill, injured, or disabled child, this crisis is devastating. The Fred’s Footsteps COVID-19 fund has been established to help these families with their most immediate needs by providing short term assistance for groceries and household items.
- The family must reside in one of the following counties: Atlantic, Cape May, Lancaster, Northampton, Berks, Chester, Lehigh, Ocean, Bucks, Cumberland (NJ), Mercer, Philadelphia, Burlington, Delaware, Montgomery, Salem, Camden, Gloucester, or New Castle.
- The child must be under 18 and medically fragile
- The primary source of income for this family prior to the current crisis was through employment
- The guardian is currently or was employed in an industry that has been severely impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, such as but not limited to retail, home healthcare, factory work, food service, etc.
- Social workers can expect to hear from Fred’s Footsteps regarding approval of funding within 48 hours.
- Families will be sent their funding within 48 hours from funding approval.
Please note that the goal is to send all gift cards electronically to families. If this is not possible for the family, we will do our best to work with the social worker on a solution. This may cause a delay in the family receiving funding.