The 19th Annual Golf Fun Day took place on Monday, September 18th with Golfers joining us at Philadelphia Country Club and Gulph Mills Golf Club. To view photos of the event, visit the photo gallery.
Thanks to the overwhelming support of this community, we raised over $410,000 to help families in this region caring for an ill, injured, or disabled child.
While the morning started out a little soggy, the rain cleared as the day progressed. Right as the reception began, we were graced with a full rainbow across the sky. One of the highlights of the evening was the return of Coach Dick Vermeil as our auctioneer.
The guests of honor were the Marino Family from Gloucester County, New Jersey. Their daughter, Milana, lives with a rare, progressive, genetic disorder called Niemann-Pick Type C. She is ventilator-dependent, and completely reliant on others for her care needs.
Through Fred’s Footsteps and our dedicated home renovation fund, Pat’s Projects, the Marino Family received $10,000 toward the renovation of their home to safely care for Milana. This included building a bedroom and accessible bathroom to ensure the best quality of life for Milana – and her loving family.
The renovation of Milana’s room was one of our very first projects through this new initiative honoring the life and legacy of former Fred’s Footsteps board member Pat Gillespie, Sr. This fund supports home renovation projects, accessibility projects, and specialized equipment that provide safety and independence for children in our program.
It was started last August after the sudden loss of our beloved Pat. This just so happened to be the same month the Marino family was accepted into our program and received funding for this life-changing remodel. Milana was all moved in to her safe and beautiful room by Christmas day – a miracle on many levels!
This is a testament to the power of our Fred’s Footsteps community and the strength of a parent’s love. See their story here.
At the end of the night, winners were announced:
- Philadelphia Country Club: Bruce Benjamin, Steve Kantor, Mike Cardello, Herb Sachs
- Gulph Mills Golf Club: Dennis Foley, Greg Kozlowski, Dave Stefanski, Jonathan Stump
- Philadelphia Country Club: Chip Carlson, Jay Constantine, Drew Hanlon, Mike Roynan
- Gulph Mills Golf Club: Rock Irey, Brad Dager, Bill Monteith, Wayne Monteith
- Philadelphia Country Club: Tim Whitworth, Tom Whitworth, Matt Whitworth, Pat Whitworth
- Gulph Mills Golf Club: Brandon Cady, Charlie Falcone, Andy Iott, Richard Lungren
- Philadelphia Country Club: Herb Sachs, 13.8’
- Gulph Mills Golf Club: Michael Axelrod, 5.1’
- Philadelphia Country Club: Tom Verratti
- Gulph Mills Golf Club: Dave Caddick & Tina Fink
- GRAND PRIZE – The Ultimate Golf Package: Steven Tremblay
- 2nd PRIZE – Fred’s Footsteps’ Favorite Wines: Craig Lewis
- 3rd PRIZE – Oura Ring: Michael Axelrod
Congratulations to all, and we look forward to seeing you next year!