In the spirit of Fred DiBona’s commitment to giving back and leading by example for a new generation, the Fred’s Footsteps Fellowship Program engages emerging leaders in the Philadelphia community to establish the next generation of volunteers and philanthropic supporters.
Launched in 2015 to celebrate the organization’s 10th anniversary, the program welcomes 25 – 30 of the region’s most exemplary young leaders for a year-and-a-half program focusing on professional leadership development. Fellows are exposed to relevant leadership competencies, perspectives, and experiences through intimate discussions, case studies, featured speakers, and networking events with some of the region’s most influential and respected business and community leaders. In addition, fellows work in small groups on a service-learning project to support the mission and work of Fred’s Footsteps.
Involved business leaders join our esteemed Fellowship Faculty to work directly with our fellows and help them positively impact Fred's Footsteps, and their future. Program highlights include:
- Two day interactive learning environment facilitated by regional business and community leaders.
- Exposure to relevant leadership perspectives and experiences through intimate discussions, case studies, and featured speakers.
- Periodic networking gatherings with fellow participants and executives.
- A service learning component geared around defined projects and initiatives.
- Inclusion in Fred’s Footsteps events throughout the program, including its two large fundraising events: Party in the Yard and Golf Fun Day.
- Have approximately 10 years of experience and serve in a leadership capacity either at their employer or in their community.
- Submit a $500 contribution to Fred’s Footsteps to help cover program costs.
- Important 2017-2018 Fellows Program Dates:
- Welcome party at Christine and Brian Lobley’s house: January 26, 2017.
- The two-day workshop is Thursday, March 30, and Friday, March 31, 2017, at Philadelphia Country Club and Fred’s Footsteps’ new offices in Ardmore, PA.