WELCOME TO THE 15th ANNUAL FRED’S FOOTSTEPS GOLF FUN DAY
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
Schedule of Activities
9:30 A.M. Registration Opens at both Philadelphia Country Club & Gulph Mills Golf Club
9:30 A.M. Putting Greens Open
9:30 A.M. Pro Shops Open
10:30 A.M. Buffet Luncheons Open – please note that golfers will eat lunch at the course where they will be playing
11:00 A.M. Driving Ranges Open
11:45 A.M. ROUNDUP – Remarks (all golfers, please proceed to the registration area)
12:00 P.M. Shotgun Start!
5:30 P.M. Golfers Turn in Scorecards – Club begins tallying scores
5:30 P.M. Cocktail Reception & Silent Auction – Philadelphia Country Club Mill Terrace
6:30 P.M. Buffet Dinner Opens – Philadelphia Country Club Ballroom
7:00 P.M. Presentation, Prizes and Live Auction!
8:00 P.M. Pro Shop Closes
The locker rooms are available for your use.
Please keep all valuables with you or locked in your car.
The Golf Fun Day is played on two, 18 Hole Courses: the SPRING MILL Course at Philadelphia Country Club and the Gulph Mills Golf Course. Scorecards can be found on your golf carts with details of your starting course and hole.
The scoring system for the event will be a SCRAMBLE – One team score is recorded for the foursome. It works like this:
- Each member of the team drives from every tee.
- The drive that establishes the team in the best position for the next shot is chosen as the location from which everyone hits their second shot.
- Continue selecting the best shot for everyone to hit from until one player hits the ball in the hole.
- Each team member’s drive must be used a minimum of two times. Use the scorecard to record whose drive has been used for each hole.
- The team’s gross score is recorded on the scorecard. (In the case of a threesome, one player is designated per hole to play the extra ball).
The Hole-In-One Contest holes are:
Philadelphia Country Club Spring Mill #7
Gulph Mills Golf Club #17
All players must play from the white tees on these holes to be eligible for the prizes. For all other holes, men will play from the white tees and women from the gold tees at PCC and the red tees at Gulph Mills.
Additional contest holes are:
Philadelphia Country Club Spring Mill #11
Gulph Mills Golf Club #4
Longest Drive Hole:
Philadelphia Country Club Spring Mill #6
Gulph Mills Golf Club #13
We ask that you come in as soon as you finish your 18 holes. Please turn in your COMPLETED scorecard at the Pro Shop, immediately following play.
The reception and silent auction will begin immediately following completion of play, approximately 5:30 PM. Please note that dinner will not be served at Gulph Mills Golf Club, all golfers will attend the reception and dinner at Philadelphia Country Club.
Dinner, featuring awards and a live auction, will start at approximately 6:30 PM.
The most important rule of Fred’s Golf Fun Day is to HAVE FUN. GOOD LUCK!
The Philadelphia Country Club & Gulph Mills Golf Club request conventional golf attire in accordance with the G.A.P. standards including:
- Bermuda length shorts are permitted
- Shirts with collars only
- No denim jeans
- No hard spikes or Black Widow Spikes
- Hats must be removed while inside the Clubhouse
Conventional business dress is also acceptable.