Fred’s Footsteps is looking for an energetic, creative college student or graduate student for a non-paid internship during the Fall semester.
About Fred’s Footsteps:
Fred’s Footsteps provides financial relief to hard-working families in the Philadelphia region who find themselves in a crisis due to the costs associated with caring for a seriously ill, injured, or disabled child. We provide direct assistance for non-medical expenses, such as household bills, to make up for gaps in income as well as one-time extraordinary expenses, like medical equipment or home modifications. We are the only program in the region that provides this type of bridge—not just momentary help—to families during their time of need.
Time Commitment: Flexible, 2-5 days a week as schedule permits
Intern’s duties would include:
- Create content for e-mail newsletters, social media and website
- Assist with social media postings and analytics
- Draft press releases for major media outlets
- Research new press/media contacts based on subject matter and location (i.e. medical reporters, local publications in the regions served by the organization)
- Record and archive press materials
- Assisting with other promotional activities as appropriate (could include video project work, event planning and execution, etc.)
- Website updates
Additional duties MAY include:
- Working closely with Executive Director and Director, Communications & Development on subject-specific research, proposals, etc.
- Basic office tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Experience in Microsoft Office required; Knowledge of social media platforms; HootSuite experience preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Emily Cheramie Walz at email@example.com.